In this article, I describe our ‘Troll-Management’ teachings in the Homeopathic Practice Building Course. If you are independent, driven and fairly fearless this article will probably be enough for you for this element. If you’re a little more sensitive, come join the course and benefit from this lesson among the many others that will speed you to a busy practice.
Trolling will only happen if you produce effective and compelling marketing materials for homeopathy and your practice & if you find ways to become visible.
Troll-management is one of the teachings we have in The Homeopathic Practice Building Course.
We teach you to write effective & compelling marketing material [troll-nip!]
We teach you how to gain visibility [essential for practice building].
We give you the opportunity of support when you first get trolled.
Twitter is our favourite platform for finding trolls because it is arranged via #hashtags and they like to lurk amid the #homeopathy community.
What You’ll Learn:
- how to craft a tweet that will attract trolls [you have to sound authoritative and give some compelling evidence for homeopathy … so these are good tweets.]
- how to manage a troll [when, if and how to respond].
- the positive outcomes of getting trolled.
- thicker skin.
Censorship is real and it is likely to increase with the new ‘fake news’ measures coming into play on Facebook.
What you should keep in mind:
- there are tech people out there who are working to circumnavigate encroachments on free speech
- you are not one of those tech people.
- focus on YOUR job
- censorship is not new
- it’s not ‘worse than ever before’
- avoid catastrophizing
- avoid victim mentality
- Facebook will still be one of the best places to operate due to its group structure and popularity
- be sure to also build other resources.
- build your website readership
- build your email list
- maybe build a presence on more than one social media platform
- keep an eye out for ‘blockchain’ technology which will limit the ability to censor.
Here’s some specific discussion in the context of homeopathy. If you are not a member of the free HPB Facebook group follow the link and request.
Below are a few highlights from this discussion.
If you want to see more discussion on the subject, type ‘victim’ into the search bar in the group.
When Will I Get Trolled & Can I Avoid It?
We all get trolled at some point IF WE ARE DOING OUR JOB EFFECTIVELY.
You know you are sounding convincing in your marketing if trolls take the time to interact with you.
During the Homeopathic Practice Building Course, you will work to get trolled within a safe setting, among colleagues, and with support.
It’s an exercise that has been manageable for even the most troll-fearing and has helped them cope calmly with other ‘confrontational’ interactions online.
Why You May Want to Embrace the Victim Mentality